Welcome to Hymns for Kids!
We can’t wait to have you join your voices with ours and harmonize along with the kids. We want this project to be so easy to use that the young people in your life will find their souls in high gear with words that worship and lift up the Lord Jesus.
Here are a few things we’re going to be featuring in the weeks and months to come:
- Advance notice of more products to help you teach your children these great classic hymns.
- An opportunity for you to communicate with Joni and Bobbie, telling your own stories about how these hymns have ministered to you and your family or suggesting your favorite hymns to be included in future books.
“Awesome book! Your book makes it easy for parents to teach their children some of the great hymns of the faith while at the same time teaching them great theology. I’m grateful that He has allowed us to join with you in strengthening families through His Word.”
President, Family Life
“What a wonderful new book. I love it! The idea is great. I heard y’all on Focus last year speaking about your other hymns project and thought it was great. I was even more excited to see one for kids. The CD has been playing non-stop in our car for the past 4 days. What a blessing to have children that are requesting Holy, Holy, Holy over and over! Your stories on the writers of each hymn are wonderful and will be a nice homeschool music history course!”
Mrs. Emily Tant,
“What a beautiful book! Gramma already has it incorporated into her mobile worship vehicle (SUV). Thanks for the help the book and CD will be.”
Dr. John MacArthur,
Grace Community Church
Grandfather of 12
“Thank you for Hymns for a Kid’s Heart. It is beautiful in every way. The singing on the CD is so well done-it is a fine example of quality children’s singing as well as literature. I am planning to incorporate the book into the Children’s Choir program at FPC this fall. I will include the cost of the book in the children’s activity fee. The teachers will then use that book as their Bible study portion of the rehearsal. The following week, the particular hymn they studied will be a part of the worship service! I think it will be a great way to give the children insight into God and into the people who put our faith into music. Thanks again.
Dr. Rebecca Bedell
Minister of Music and Arts
First Presbyterian Church/Orlando
“What a wonderful and unexpected gift! Lily, Gracie and I have been listening to the CD in the car all week and we’ve been reading one story each evening.”
Mother of toddlers
“As a Stephen Minister for my church, I have been assigned a care-receiver who resides in a nursing center. On one of my recent visits to “Pearl,” a sweet lady suffering from Alzheimer’s. I took along a copy of Hymns for a Kid’s Heart and sang many of these familiar hymns. Even though she is completely silent most of the time, she smiled, closed her eyes and hummed along with the melody. Because someone had cared to share Holy, Holy, Holy, Amazing Grace, and Take My Life and Let It Be when she was younger, Pearl has these wonderful tunes deep in her memory bank and was able, despite her illness, to recall and seek comfort from them. This book may have been written with a focus on children, but its impact and enjoyment reaches into the depths and the hearts of all of us regardless of age or infirmity.”
St. Luke’s United Methodist Church
(All arrangements copyright ©2003-2004 by Larry Hall Music.)
Files for Use in Your Church
Creative ideas on how you can use Hymns for a Kid's Heart in your church. It includes four skits to perform. (26K pdf).
All the sheet music in the book (584K pdf).
Accompaniment tracks of each of the songs (without the singing). Each track is a 2-to-4 megabyte MP3 file. To download, right-click (on a Mac, ctrl-click) the link and choose "Save Target As..."
- Holy, Holy, Holy!
- A Mighty Fortress Is Our God
- This Is My Father’s World
- O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing
- How Firm a Foundation
- Amazing Grace!
- The Lord’s My Shepherd, I’ll Not Want
- Rejoice, Ye Pure in Heart
- Take My Life, and Let It Be
- America the Beautiful
- Our God, Our Help in Ages Past
- Eternal Father, Strong to Save
Download all files (38 megabytes, .zip file)
All the sheet music in the book (1,070K pdf).
- Praise to the Lord, the Almighty
- Fairest Lord Jesus
- To God Be the Glory
- Trust and Obey
- Wonderful Words of Life
- Onward, Christian Soldiers
- When We All Get to Heaven
- We’re Marching to Zion
- Like a River Glorious
- God of Our Fathers
- Come, Ye Thankful People, Come
- My Country, ’Tis of Thee
Download all files (39 megabytes, .zip file)
All the sheet music in the book (1,210K pdf).
- Angels We Have Heard on High
- Joy to the World
- Hark the Herald Angels Sing
- O Little Town of Bethlehem
- The First Noel
- Away in a Manger
- While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks by Night
- Silent Night
- Once in Royal David’s City
- While By My Sheep
- God Rest You Merry Gentlemen
- O Come, All Ye Faithful
Download all files (43 megabytes, .zip file)
All the sheet music in the book (2,440K pdf).
- All Glory, Laud, and Honor
- What Can Wash Away My Sin?
- Man of Sorrows
- The Old Rugged Cross
- At the Cross
- Up from the Grave He Arose
- Christ the Lord Is Risen Today
- Thine Be the Glory
- I Know That My Redeemer Lives
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
- Crown Him with Many Crowns
- Hallelujah! Thine the Glory
Download all files (41 megabytes, .zip file)